Scheduled exports allow you to export your data on a regular basis. You can schedule daily, weekly, monthly or yearly recurrent reports.
Exports are generated on the server side, so you don't need to keep your browser open.
Generated files are never saved on our servers and are sent to you as an email attachement only.
Creating a scheduled export
You can only create a schedule for the export configuration you own (Owner label).
To schedule a publicly visible export, create its copy (Save as... from the export configuration page) and add schedule for the copy.
Status of all the scheduled exports is visible from the Dashboard.
- Repeat: set a recurring report daily, weekly (on specificed week days), monthly (on the nth day of the month) etc.
- Start: specify start date (useful when you want to export for example every 2nd or 3rd day)
- Hour/Time zone: specify an hour when export should happen in specific time zone
- Format: specify output format (CSV, XLSX, JSON)
- Recipients: add any Jira users as recipients. Emails will be sent to their registered email addresses
- Email addresses: add more recipients by specifying any email addresses (separated by comma)
- Email options: optionally compress the file attached to an email (as a ZIP file, typically 10 x smaller)
- Email subject and body template: you can specify yuor own text for the subject and body of the emails being sent. See documentation of the syntax for templates
Receiving a scheduled export
The scheduled exports are sent to the email addresses from Jira user profiles.
There's 25MB limit to the size of report file. If your reports tend to be big, consider using Compress report file with ZIP option which can get the file size around 10 x smaller.